I read The 4-Hour Work Week recently. It’s a pretty light and kind of strange read.
- Light read. Fast and relatively short.
- Inspiring. It really does make you want to start your own business and live the new rich lifestyle he preaches in the book.
- Great personal touches. The book lives within Timothy Ferriss’s world. He gives very real examples of his very real life. I have no idea how real any of that is but it definitely comes across as authentic and personal.
- Tons of resources listed with websites, phone numbers, emails. If you decide to follow his pattern, you definitely will not be lacking for people to call to get started.
- Very targeted business model. Ferriss made his money selling things online running a drop-shipping type of business. It seems a stretch to extrapolate a lot of the information outside of that model.
- First phase is getting your job to let you work away from the office which is not realistic for very many people…unfortunately.
- Just seems too easy. This isn’t really a knock for the book but it makes it hard to take seriously. He almost comes across as too confident that it will work for anybody.
If you are considering buying The 4-Hour Work Week it is available at:
- Amazon (book format): The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- Amazon (Kindle format): The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich